20160306

Changing Rules in the Middle of the Game is Not Fair

I am one of those Americans who is really enjoying this 2016 campaign season. Well, I was, until a recent non-candidate chose to step in and announce a need to change the rules of the game. It doesn't flow that way; especially, this late in the process, if ever. I have shaken my head more than once over the past few weeks, acknowledging how thick-skinned one must be to run for public office. We elect a single candidate to take the 'blows' to represent our nation across the board.
I will say, I was extremely disappointed to see my 2008 pick spearheading the shakeup to derail the 'clear' winner of the GOP nomination. What message are we sending our youth when we try to deny the winner the merits earned for months and months of hard work? The person winning the most delegates wins the nod. At least those are the rules as most Americans understand them to be. I suppose the caveat is in the fine print. I seriously don't think Americans are going to stand by quietly to be told their candidate has lost the bid because of a 'caveat'. Without belaboring this glitch in an otherwise exciting campaign season, it seems at the end of the day that 'sour grapes' have found their way into the champagne bowl. A lot of people were bitterly reminded in Romney's recent speech, that eight years later is the result of a 'failed' GOP election that should have been won in 2008. Until this recent podium embarrassment many were hoping Romney would run again in 2024 after this year's nominee served his eight years in the White House. However, after this demeaning speech, I'm going to guess, not likely. This is the people's choice. A lot of foot-traffic and time has gone into choosing a nominee. Let's let the process play out, and, not try to spoil it for everyone. I guess I know now why Trump felt a need to input his own caveat at the start of this race: "...as long as the GOP treats me fairly." Speaking of fairly, the tax-disclosure is looming. It's difficult to be all in, when all the pre-qualifying papers have yet to be submitted. Oh well, with Carson out, my decision has been made, simply by a process of elimination. Click here to read more on my Facebook page. Without superdelegates, I think it would be a Sanders v. Trump vote; but, padded delegate-voting looks like it might be Clinton in the Democratic seat. Of course, it's not a sealed deal for any of the candidates. I can only pray for the day when explicit "riggings" are called out; and, the popular vote, the true vote of the people, wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback.