20160302

Who Knew Race Was A Card to Be Dealt in the Game of Trump?

It's difficult to accept that 50 years past the Civil Rights Movement, the U.S. is still plagued with racial unrest. People showing up at, otherwise peaceful rallies, making race an issue is unsettling. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, having never met him personally: Donald J. Trump is not racist. When he says he's a 'unify-er' I, imagine he's made a uniting deal or two.  Do I think he's temperamental? Probably; but, no more than any billionaire CEO. I guess, long-story-short Trump will more than likely be a President for all the people. Before this campaign really caught traction, I sensed he'd probably gain momentum. I simply couldn't have imagined how much; or perhaps I could have. His best choice for VP would be my 2008 first pick, Mike Huckabee. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I sense that the GOP will look totally different in the next eight years if Trump becomes President. I think people will see the candidate more than the Party. Pandering to a people based on their race or religiosity is a bit off-putting in this age of multiculturalism. One last curiosity; why don't politicians pander to say, the Jewish or Muslims, the way they do to African-Americans and Christians? In a strange and eery way, courting to a race and denomination seems in and of itself a flagrant form of discrimination.

For more posts click my FACEBOOK link below:
 https://www.facebook.com/MytuSense

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback.